Thursday 21 April 2011

Friendships

It is strange how one looses friendships over honesty!!

I went to visit a friend one day, well we met up for coffee in a little coffee shop in Blackheath.  She was my ex-employer and we were good friends. 

The conversation started with how are you doing these days and what has been happening in your life.  So I told her how I am doing and what has been happening in my life.  Much to her surprise and amazement she was a bit shocked about the revelation that I was HIV+!!Well that just killed the conversation and also the friendship.

People are so close minded and are so scared off people with HIV.  They are scared of so many things and that they may catch the disease.  How uninformed the masses are out there.  Like Tanya use to say "it is a disease / virus, call it what you want, it is what you have not who you are".  How can people be so stupid and small minded.

I lost a couple of friends because I was honest about my health and my state of mind.

Needless to say I have gain alot of new friends who have been supportive all the way and I rather cherise those friendships than go looking for old friends who have decided to write me off because of what I had.

Don't live with regret.  Live with love and compassion to those who are uninformed and hope to God that they will come around eventually and realise the error of their ways.  And the best part of it is they call themselves Christians.  How glad am I that I have decided to denounce christianity and live my life as a Pagan, who lives close to mother earth and all her guardians.  I am much better off living the life I am living now than when I called myself a christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment